Matlab License Renewal
Standalone Matlab licenses expire annually on December 1. To renew your standalone Matlab license for another year, follow these instructions.
Start the activation client:
- On Windows, go to the Start menu to the All Programs list. Select MATLAB, the MATLAB release, and then select the "Activate MATLAB" link. NOTE: We recommend starting Matlab in "administrator mode".
- On Linux/Unix/Mac, run the activate_matlab.sh script found in your $MATLAB/bin folder.
Once you have started the activation process, follow these steps:
- Select "Activate automatically using the Internet", and click "Next".
- Log in with your MathWorks account by filling in your credentials and clicking "Next".
- Select your license number from the list that appears, and click next.
- Use the standalone key you used to activate the product. You can retrieve this key from your software.caltech.edu purchase receipt.
- Submit your activation by clicking "Activate".
- When activation is complete, click "Finish" to start MATLAB.
- You will need to restart MATLAB once finished.
For questions or further assistance, please submit a request at https://help.caltech.edu (request type IMSS > Software Licensing & Distribution > Other.)