The IMSS Hourly Service can accommodate projects as simple as new desktop deployments or as complex as full system infrastructure deployments. Common service requests include:
- Desktop and server OS builds and re-installation
- Software installation and upgrades
- Setup and automation of patch management and backup systems
- Integration of campus groups into IMSS services (e-mail, calendar, directory, file, etc.)
- Application server configuration (often in coordination with the IMSS Managed Hosting service)
- Maintenance of customer-owned servers (file and print, e-mail, etc.)
- Infrastructure planning, security auditing and other consulting
While the Hourly Service administrators can design and implement custom solutions to meet your specific requirements, they routinely employ industry-standard best practices: centralized system security, automated patch management, regular backups, etc. Hourly Service administrators regularly leverage existing IMSS services to assure the most efficient, cost-effective solution.
The Hourly Service supports desktops and servers running Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, Apple OS X, Sun Solaris and a wide variety of productivity, scientific and other application software.
Please note that the IMSS Hourly Service consists of a team of support staff; while most projects are planned and led by a primary point of contact, the work may be performed by any member of the team.