LabVIEW Site License
Overview of the NI Academic Site License
Caltech IMSS has an Academic Site License that permits the use of National Instruments software on university-/college-owned computers and resources. Review the information below to learn how to obtain and use software products such as NI LabVIEW and NI Multisim for your academic needs.
What Is LabVIEW?
LabVIEW is a complete development environment built specifically to make users more productive and ensure they have all the tools they need to design, prototype, and build measurement and control systems. It provides unprecedented hardware and software integration and a flexible graphical development environment that reduce complexity and save development and deployment time. LabVIEW inspires you to solve problems, accelerates your productivity, and gives you the confidence to continually innovate. Find out more about LabVIEW at ni.com/labview.
LabVIEW Teaching License for Caltech
Any instructor can take advantage of this license for use in the classroom, computing lab, or teaching laboratory to add hands-on learning across multiple science and engineering disciplines. Educators may also install software on their PCs for curriculum preparation. The license includes access to LabVIEW and additional NI software.
Eligibility for Use
- NI software from the Academic Site License may be used only for academic purposes.
- Users must be employed by or actively enrolled in classes at Caltech.
- Professors, educators, graduate students, and researchers may install the software on their university-/college-owned computers but not their own PCs.
- Undergraduate students may use software on university-/college-owned computers in an instructional or laboratory setting.
If you want to use NI software for a commercial/industry purpose or other purpose not permitted under the scope of the license, you must enter into a separate license agreement with NI.
Student Installation Options
Undergraduate students can install and activate software on their PCs for learning purposes or purchase LabVIEW at a discount with the LabVIEW Student Edition.
Download LabVIEW and Additional NI Software
- The cost of the LabVIEW license is $100 annually (renewable in October).
- NI software (including LabVIEW) is now licensed per machine.
- Purchase a license from http://software.caltech.edu.
- The purchaser or the end user can enter the machine name.
- The machine name needs to be registered in DNS.
- View the LabVIEW License Agreement
The LabVIEW Site License includes software for
- Core engineering
- Measurements and data management
- Controls and robotics
- Real-time and embedded systems
- Signal processing and communications
Training Resources - Online
- Faculty and Graduate Students - You are eligible for NI self-paced online training but you must first create an NI user profile and then register yourself as an end user of the academic site license<they must contact you, the admin, to get the serial number for registration>.
- Undergraduate Students - ni.com/students/learnlabview
- Access free self-paced online training modules for LabVIEW and other NI software. Watch getting started with LabVIEW videos for students to get up and running with LabVIEW.
NI Device Drivers
Visit ni.com/drivers to download individual device drivers for NI instruments and drivers for third-party instruments.
xc2xa92014 National Instruments. All rights reserved. LabVIEW, Multisim, National Instruments, NI, and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.