Skype for Business Quick Start Guides
To login to Skype for Business, enter your access.caltech username in the form email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Note that this may not be the same as your preferred email address.
The following guides will help you get started with Skype for Business:
Other tips for using Skype for Business:
By default, Skype for Business updates your location when you log on from different places. You can hide this information from others by doing the following:
- In the Skype for Business main window, click the Set Your Location menu under your name.
- Clear the check box next to Show Others My Location.
- In the Skype for Business main window, click the gear icon, click Tools, then select Options.
- In the Skype for Business - Options dialog box, click Status, and then do one of the following:
- Click I want everyone to be able to see my presence regardless of system settings (override default settings).
- Click I want the system administrator to decide - currently everyone can see my presence but this could change in the future.
- In your Contacts list, right-click the contact you want to block.
- Click Change Privacy Relationship, and then click Blocked Contacts.
Note: Your name and email address will still be visible to a blocked contact.