SharePoint Site Request Questionnaire
Requesting a SharePoint Site
Request a SharePoint site at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Office 365 > SharePoint > Request a new SharePoint site). One of our SharePoint analysts will get in touch with you to gather requirements for your site.
Preparing for the SharePoint Site Requirements Meeting
Once you have submitted a request, a member from IMSS will organize a site requirements meeting with your team. The questions below will help you prepare for this discussion:
- How and with whom do you want to collaborate?
- How you do want to improve your group/project workflows?
- Which SharePoint web apps (announcements, calendar, contacts, discussion board, documents library, tasks, wiki, etc.) could help you reach your goals?
- Which current information can/should be migrated, archived, reorganized?
- Which current information can/should be shared more openly? Secured more tightly?
- Who in your local group can become a SharePoint power user?
- How can you help drive adoption of new tools and workflows in your group or on your project?