The Information Security group supports Caltech's mission by working to protect the integrity, confidentiality and security of Institute electronic information resources.
Information Security provides the following services:
- Network activity and system log monitoring for detection of malicious activity against online resources
- Incident response for computer security related events
- Handling of abuse and suspicious activity complaints
- Legal compliance enforcement and investigation of misuse allegations
- Application security vulnerability testing and remediation advice
- Consultation and advice regarding secure configuration of servers and workstations
- Access control and management for core Institute electronic resources
- SSL Certificates for websites hosted on Caltech's network
- General resource for questions and concerns related to computer security
If you need to report a computer or information security incident, complaint, or concern, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your email is not working, you can also phone in reports by calling the IMSS Help Desk at (626) 395-3500.