IMSS systematically tests its many applications and services to provide compatibility information. Note that we will only list more recent versions of the most commonly used operating systems and internet browsers at Caltech.
Compatibility by Operating System:
For a comprehensive view of our testing results in one document, please click here.
- For Windows 7, IMSS tests 64bit systems.
- In many cases Windows Vista may work, however this OS is not supported nor tested.
- Some vendors do not always keep up with Java or browser releases. Although some IMSS testing may occur, not all functionality is tested.
- Managed Computing means advancement to new browsers or OS version is controlled by IMSS Help Desk. Testing of these apps is coordinated with Help Desk.
- A config file has been deployed to all test systems. This file supresses unwanted security messages generated by Java. For more information see http://imss.caltech.edu/help/java-config-file
- OLM = Oracle Learning Management
- IE Compatibility View (CV) mode may be needed and in some cases must be used. See footnote 4 for applications requiring CV mode.
- Windows XP does not support IE versions higher than 8.