The Caltech wireless network (Beavernet, Guest, and Registered) was implemented more than a decade ago and is still in use today while we transition to newer wireless networks (Caltech Secure and Caltech Visitor).
For details on the Caltech Secure wireless rollout schedule, please click here. Buildings that have been converted to the new wireless network are noted on the rollout schedule, as well as through building signage.
- Encrypted network
- Available only to Caltech faculty, staff, and students
- Up to 18 times faster than Caltech Guest wireless
- Connect to Beavernet by entering your access.caltech credentials
Anyone with access.Caltech credentials can connect to Beavernet. This includes Caltech faculty, post-docs, graduate and undergraduate students, staff, retirees, and visitors who have completed paperwork with Human Resources.
How to Connect
- Open WiFi Settings
- Select Caltech Beavernet
- Enter your access.caltech username and password
- Click Join
- Click Trust to accept the security certificate
If you are eligible for access.caltech credentials but do not yet have an account, please see how to get an access.caltech account.
Other methods to connect:
Visitors attending Conferences at Caltech
If you are visiting from a participating institution and have previously connected to eduroam, your device may automatically reconnect to eduroam without any further action on your part. If your device does not automatically connect to eduroam, click here for instructions on how to connect to eduroam.
If you are not from an institution participating in eduroam, check with the conference organizer to see if shared credentials are available for your conference. Otherwise, connect to Caltech Visitor.
If you are trying to connect to the campus Wi-Fi (BeaverNet or Secure) or EduRoam and are prompted for a domain name, enter: caltech.edu
If you enter caltech.edu, in the domain field, and still are unable to connect, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to https://caltech.box.com/s/0ag3qksnu032wui06pw96uwi49fb0xg0 to download and install the certificate on your phone
- On your phone open Settings
- Go to Security
- Go to Encryption & Credentials
- Go to Install from storage
- Select CA Certificate from the list of types available
- Accept the warning
- Browse to the certificate file on the device and open it
- Confirm the certificate install
- Reconnect to Caltech Secure, BeaverNet or EduRoam
- When prompted for the domain name, enter caltech.edu
If you continue to experience trouble connecting, please contact the IMSS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626.395.3500.