Caltech offers eduroam wireless internet service provided by Internet 2. eduroam is the secure, world-wide roaming access service that allows students, faculty, and staff from participating institutions free internet connectivity when visiting other participating institutions.
- Encrypted network
- Access to web and email
- Access to worldwide at participating institutions
- Learn more about eduroam
|Persons with access.caltech credentials, or participating institutional credentials.
How to Connect
- Open WiFi Settings
- Select eduroam
- Enter your <access.caltech username>@caltech.edu and password
- Click Join
- Click Trust to accept the security certificate
Advanced Settings- Android
- EAP Method: select PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: select MSCHAPv2
- Enter your Identity: your Access.Caltech username
- Some devices may have an "anonymous identity" field. Leave this blank.
- Enter Wireless Password: your Access.Caltech Password
- Certificate: System Default or None
If you are trying to connect to the campus Wi-Fi (BeaverNet or Secure) or EduRoam and are prompted for a domain name, enter: caltech.edu
If you enter caltech.edu, in the domain field, and still are unable to connect, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to https://caltech.app.box.com/s/32u3pzw38nvbt8p3nk4yb7kirwygiogi to download and install the certificate on your phone
- On your phone open Settings
- Go to Security
- Go to Encryption & Credentials
- Go to Install from storage
- Select CA Certificate from the list of types available
- Accept the warning
- Browse to the certificate file on the device and open it
- Confirm the certificate install
- Reconnect to Caltech Secure, BeaverNet or EduRoam
- When prompted for the domain name, enter caltech.edu
If you continue to experience trouble connecting, please contact the IMSS Help Desk at email@example.com or 626.395.3500.