These are some of the resources available to you as a student.
- Your access.caltech account
- Update your personal information
- Access Registrar's Information System (REGIS)
- Access UID Billing & Payment (CashNet)
- Register your vehicle
- Change your password
- Configure your password challenge questions so you can reset your account password
Manage email forwarding
Note: If you choose not to use the email features of your account, we ask that you set up email forwarding to an account where you do read your messages so IMSS system administrators can easily contact you about this account
- Email Information
- Office 365
- Wireless Networking
- The IMSS Help Desk is located in the Central Engineering Services building (#85 on the Caltech Map) room 204. Our regular hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM including the lunch hour. To contact the Help Desk, contact us at http://help.caltech.edu (request type IMSS-->Desktop Support) with a description of your issue or call x3500 (626.395.3500 from off campus).
- How to Get Campus-Licensed Software
- Manage your account's auto-reply and spam handling settings
- The Caltech VPN system allows you to use campus-restricted services from off campus
- For purchasing hardware, peripherals and software (outside of our campus license)
- Training & Guides
Unix Web Hosting
- Unix account space limit per account is 1GB
Register your computer
- To help IMSS contact you quickly in the event that there is a problem or concern with your computer.
- There are many choices available for securely transferring files using different operating systems. Instructions for using some popular programs can be found on this page.
- Course Management (Moodle)
Public Use Computing (Sherman Fairchild, Millikan, Dabney, and Astrophysics Libraries)
- You must carry Caltech ID at all times to use the library computers. Sherman Fairchild is open 24 hours a day, but a Caltech ID is required after 5 pm.
- Please contact the Library Information Technology group at x6775 or firstname.lastname@example.org about any library computer issues