Effective 12/1/2014, the IMSS-run proxy server which registers campus Red Hat systems to receive updates will be retired and transitioned to a new Satellite server. In order to continue to receive RHEL updates, you will need to download a new script to register your systems to receive updates.
Instructions on how to obtain this new script can be found on the Caltech software webstore. If you previously ordered RHEL from the software webstore, you can find these updated instructions in your software order details:
- Go to http://software.caltech.edu and click on Log In
- Enter your access.caltech credentials
- Click on Your Account/Orders at the top of the page
- Find your previous RHEL order and click View Details
- Click on the link Instructions for obtaining Red Hat updates
- Otherwise, simply place a new order for RHEL to obtain these instructions.
Also note that effective 12/1/2014, toughguy.caltech.edu, a former RHEL resource, will be retired.
If you have any questions about this, please contact us at https://help.caltech.edu, request type IMSS > Software Licensing & Distribution > Other.