Applications and VPN Requirements
VPN is not required for cloud services such as Email, Box, Google Drive, Google Hangouts Meet, Gradescope, Canvas, OneDrive, Teams, and Zoom. For a better experience, IMSS recommends not connecting to VPN while using these services.
For a full list of applications that require VPN, no VPN, or Remote Desktop visit:
VPN Usage Update
The use of Caltech VPN has dramatically increased as many faculty, staff and students are now working remotely. This has put a significant strain on our VPN service. We are doing everything we can to ensure its reliability, and we want to ask your help in making sure this shared resource is available to those who need it.
In the past, VPN has been recommended for a variety of reasons, primarily to access resources that require a campus IP address, and for additional security when conducting personal business. Many people routinely connect to Caltech VPN when doing any kind of work on their computer away from campus. We are asking everyone to reserve your use of the Caltech VPN service solely for times when you must access a resource that is only available from campus. As soon as you no longer need to connect to that resource, we ask that you disconnect from Caltech VPN.
We realize that this is not the most convenient way to work, connecting and disconnecting to VPN throughout your workday. Nonetheless, we appreciate your help in keeping this shared resource available to all who need it.
IMSS offers encrypted VPN service to connect to campus network resources and applications from off-campus locations. We highly recommend using the AnyConnect VPN software when connecting to Caltech services while traveling. Please note that while VPN secures your connection by encrypting network traffic between your device and campus, we strongly recommend always using your computer's built-in firewall to protect from possible network-based attacks.
- Caltech VPN supports the Cisco's AnyConnect SSL-VPN client
- AnyConnect Uses SSL protocol, very similar to a web browser
- Installation is done through a web browser or mobile app store
- Software updates are automatic and do not require a system reboot
- Policies from other institutions can be used with AnyConnect
Create ticket to request new VPN Service
- Go to https://help.caltech.edu and create a ticket.
- Select request type: IMSS>Network Wireless & Remote Access>VPN Request Form
Instructions for installing VPN Client
For Phones and Tablets
- Download Cisco AnyConnect from the application store.
- Enter the server address: vpn.caltech.edu
- Enter your access.caltech user name credentials when prompted.
|All faculty, staff, students with an access.caltech account