Project Management Options
|Product||Best Use||Setup||License Cost|
|Project Center||Full project management capabilities and collaboration. Includes Project Desktop subscription license for up to 5 devices||IMSS must assign a license and create the online Project Center. 1 free hour of setup included, additional time billable at $110/hr.||$72/user/year|
|Project Desktop||Full project management capabilities for your desktop with controlled access for a single user||IMSS must assign a license||$72/user/year|
|Project on the Web||Excellent project management tool to manage a list of dates with due dates and assignments to team||IMSS must assign a license||$72/user/year|
|Planner||Managing tasks for a project, multiple assignments for multiple owners. Excellent for smaller projects with repetitive tasks||License already enabled for all users, IMSS must create your Planner||no cost|
Project Center or Project Desktop
- To request either option, submit a ticket via https://help.caltech.edu (request type: IMSS > Software Distribution & Licensing > Software Purchase Request > Microsoft Project Or Visio)
- Provide a PTA for charges. Licenses are auto-renewed yearly on the month of purchase. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for license cancellations.
- If you would like a Project Center created, please specify this on the request. We will have someone contact you to gather requirements.
Project for the Web or Planner
- To request a license for Project for the Web or to have a Planner created, submit a ticket via https://help.caltech.edu (request type: IMSS > Microsoft 365 > Project for the Web or Planner.
- For Planner requests, please provide the preferred name for your Planner and the name of the owner.