The IMSS Help Desk offers a variety of computer, printer and software support services.
- assists with hardware and software issues on Windows PCs, Macs, Linux PCs and most common mobile platforms
- printer configuration and trouble shooting support
- managed computer services. See Managed Devices for more details.
Computer Hardware and Printer Repairs
IMSS no longer offers in-house printer or Mac warranty repair. While we encourage you to continue to contact the Help Desk as a first resource to determine if your issue is a hardware problem, IMSS recommends working with the following local vendors for hardware repair:
- For Mac warranty repairs, contact Caltech Wired for authorized service (x8006, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://bookstore.caltech.edu)
- For Mac non-warranty repairs, contact Di-No Computers (http://www.di-no.com)
- For printer and PC repair, contact HPC Computers, USA Inc. (https://hpcompinc.net)
IMSS Managed Computing customers should continue to contact the Help Desk for regular support, including minor warranty hardware repairs. For non-managed customers, however, we recommend directly contacting the repair vendors listed above. If you are unsure if your issue is hardware related or which repair vendor to use, contact the Help Desk at x3500, email@example.com, or via https://help.caltech.edu.