SharePoint and VPN
VPN is not required for cloud services such as SharePoint. For a better experience, IMSS recommends not connecting to VPN while using SharePoint.
SharePoint is a collaboration, information sharing, and document management service.
- Upload files up to 15GB per file
- Free storage up to 1TB per site
- Team sites for documents, calendar events, links, discussion boards, tasks, blogs, wikis, etc
- Office Online - edit Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel documents in a browser
- Version control on documents, pages, and lists
- Search function with document preview
- Compatibility with a variety of browsers and devices
- Granular permissions that can be set at almost any level within a site
|SharePoint Sites ( up to 1TB)||All||Free|
|SharePoint Sites with Customization||All||$110/hr|
|SharePoint - Additional Storage (up to 25TB)||All||$100/TB/Year or $10/100GB/Year|
Want to learn more about SharePoint at Caltech?
- View the list of the most common SharePoint Web Apps (features).
- Request more information, including a SharePoint demo at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Cloud Services > Office 365).
Need a SharePoint Site?
- Request a SharePoint site at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Office 365 > SharePoint > Request a New SharePoint Site). One of our SharePoint analysts will get in touch with you to gather requirements for your site.
- Review the SharePoint Site Request Questionnaire, which will help you prepare for the site requirements meeting we will organize with your team.
FREE SharePoint Sites Include:
- Basic requirements gathering
- Basic setup
- Up to 1TB (100GB default) of storage for communications, collaboration, and files
- Increased Storage: Additional storage may be purchased up to a maximum of 25TB. This is a hard limit imposed by Microsoft per site collection.
- $100/TB/Year or $10/100GB/Year
- Advanced Consulting: $110 per hour