OBI Training Schedule
Updated October 13, 2021
OBI Training is delivered via Zoom. You do not need to sign up prior to training.
PLEASE NOTE: If no attendees have arrived to the Training session by 15 minutes past the start time, the Zoom session will be ended.
|Session||Date and Time||Meeting ID|
|Summaries & Award Installments||Wednesday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.||886 3235 2066|
|Labor Distribution||Thursday, October 28, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.||829 9041 6649|
Training Sessions Descriptions
|Session||Description||Who Should Attend?|
|OBI Introduction||Introduces the Financials data warehouse, accessing reports, and tips and hints.||Current and Future OBI Users|
|Costs and Commitments||Data concepts, logic, and overview of the existing reports.||OBI Introduction Attendees|
|Labor Distribution||Data concepts, logic, and overview of the differences between Cognos and OBI LD reports.||OBI Introduction Attendees|
|NIH Salary Cap||Overview of the reports and the user documentation||OBI Introduction Attendees|
|Summaries and Award Installments||Data concepts, logic, and overview of the existing reports.||OBI Introduction Attendees|
|Virtual Office Hours||These sessions are an opportunity to drop by to ask questions, run reports, etc.||Novice & Experienced Users|
Upcoming OBI Financial Training Sessions
- Only authenticated users can join - this ensures that only users with a Caltech account can join the meeting.
- See Zoom Training Sessions below for more information.
- You do not need to register for a class ahead of time. You may just show up.
- Please ALWAYS check this page before checking into the Zoom session and use the Meeting ID. Occasionally the Meeting IDs may be changed.
Zoom Training Sessions
OBI Training Sessions Require User Authentication Via access.caltech:
Zoom meetings will start 15 minutes before the training start time. Join early to make sure you are setup properly.
- Login to access.caltech.edu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the application links and click on the Zoom Video Conferencing link to open the app.
- Click on Join and enter the meeting ID.
Zoom Training Best Practices
- Mute your audio at all times except when asking a questions
- Use a headset for the best audio quality
- When asking questions:
- Use the Chat feature to post questions
- Use the Raise Hand feature to speak to the trainer