The Information Security group supports Caltech's mission by working to protect the integrity, confidentiality and security of Institute electronic information resources.
- Network activity and system log monitoring for detection of malicious activity against online resources
- Incident response for computer security related events
- Handling of abuse and suspicious activity complaints
- Legal compliance enforcement and investigation of misuse allegations
- Application security vulnerability testing and remediation advice
- Consultation and advice regarding secure configuration of servers and workstations
- Access control and management for core Institute electronic resources
- SSL Certificates for websites hosted on Caltech's network
- General resource for questions and concerns related to computer security
>To report a computer or information security incident, complaint, or concern, create an Information Security ticket online at Caltech Help or by sending email to Information Security, or call the IMSS Help Desk at (626) 395-3500.