Starting on Thursday, July 27th users will be presented with the new "Duo Universal Prompt", when logging in to Caltech services that use multi-factor authentication/Duo. This new prompt makes the authentication process smoother while improving security and accessibility.
Items to Note:
- If you have Duo Mobile enabled, the Duo Universal prompt will send a push notification to your device automatically. The push notification times out after 60 seconds.
- NOTE: The Duo prompt on your phone will look the same.
- The Duo Universal prompt will appear on its own separate page, rather than inside of the current page.
- The first time you log in to a Duo protected application, Duo will automatically select your most secure Duo registered device, typically Duo mobile.
- If necessary, you may select a different device, by clicking the Other Options link in the prompt.
- Duo will remember this selection the next time you log in to this application.