The following steps are needed to enroll in Duo MFA for the first time. This is a one time set up. If you are already using Duo for other applications and services, such as Office 365 (email, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.), you will NOT need to re-register when Duo is required for other applications.
Step 2: Start Using the Duo App - once your account has been enrolled in MFA (Duo) for Office 365
Download and Register Duo on Your Mobile Device
You must enroll your mobile device for Multi-Factor Authentication using Duo. This step is required to access your Caltech email account and other Office 365 applications once you have been enrolled in Duo for Office 365.
To register, go to access.caltech, select the Duo Registration and Management link, and follow the instructions to set up the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone.
- Confirm your phone number and select Continue
- On the next screen, select the type of phone (iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone), select Continue
- Once you have installed the Duo mobile app on your phone select I have Duo Mobile installed
- Follow the provided instructions to finish activating Duo Mobile on your device
- Open Duo Mobile
- Tap the "+" button
- Scan the provided barcode (use the barcode provided to you in the Duo Device Registration app in access.caltech, scanning the QR code on this screen will NOT register your device)
NOTE: If you select the option to Email me an activation link instead , make sure to enter an email address that is NOT your @caltech.edu email address (i.e. your @gmail.com address), since you won't have access to this mailbox until Duo is registered.
Start Using the Duo App
Once your Office 365 account is enrolled for MFA (Duo), when logging in to Office 365 apps (email, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams) you will be presented with a numeric code:
On the Duo Mobile app, in your device, enter the 3 digit code and select verify: