IMSS / Services / Accounts, Passwords & Access / Incoming Students / Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
New account info will be sent prior to your arrival at Caltech to the email address provided on your application.
Getting Started with your Caltech Account
- Your Caltech Account
- Incoming students are required to enable Duo (multi-factor) authentication on their account.
Getting Started with IT Services at Caltech
- Online Learning
- Canvas - Course management system that supports online learning and teaching.
- Collaboration, Backup and Storage
- Zoom- Video conferencing
- OneDrive for Business- 5TB individual storage
- Box- 50GB cloud storage
- Caltech Dropbox - exchange files too large to email someone
- Crashplan- Secure cloud backups for your PC
- LabArchives - electronic notebook that enables researchers to securely store, organize, and publish their research data
- Email, Calendar, Messaging
- High Performance Computing - Caltech Central Cluster, private cluster maintenance, and cloud-based computing options
- Information Security
- Duo- Multi-factor authentication for secure computing
- DMCA Copyright Infringement Policy - If in doubt, always call the Help Desk at 626.395.3500
- Password Guidelines
- Phishing Emails- avoid email scams
- Is my computer blocked from the network? Click here to find out.
- Software - Campus-Licensed
- software.caltech.edu webstore for Adobe, Matlab, Mathematica, etc.
- Microsoft software for students
- Voice, Mobile and Conferencing
- Learn more about campus phone services, mobile phones and conferencing services.
- Wired, Wireless, and VPN access
- Caltech Secure - New wireless network Wireless Network Refresh
- Caltech Beavernet - Legacy wireless network Beavernet Wireless Network
- Eduroam - Wireless access worldwide- eduroam
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - VPN
- Student Apps and VPN Requirements VPN
Connecting your computer to the Caltech network
Before connecting your computer to the Caltech network, update your operating system and software to keep critical security patches up to date, run antivirus software, and use a firewall.
Register Your Computer - to help IMSS contact you much more quickly in the event that there is a problem or concern with your computer.
Help Desk Contact Information
Online: Caltech Help
Remote Help: TeamViewer
In-Person: 367 S. Holliston Avenue
Room 204 (Bldg. 85)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM