1Password is a secure password management system. The information you store in it is encrypted, and only you hold the keys to decrypt it. 1Password is designed to protect you from breaches and other threats.
1Password data is end-to-end encrypted to keep it safe at rest and in transit. Its security model starts with AES 256-bit encryption, and 1Password uses multiple techniques to make sure only you have access to your information.
- Apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Web
(Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, Brave)
- Unlimited shared vaults and item storage
- Unlimited passwords and items
- Duo integration for business-wide multi-factor authentication
- Business-wide insights dashboard for security monitoring
- Free family accounts
|Faculty and Staff
To get started with 1Password:
- Go to https://help.caltech.edu (request type: IMSS > Information Security > 1Password > Request Form)
- Fill and submit the form
- Once your request is processed, you will receive an invitation email with next steps to get your 1Password account activated.
- Duo is required for 1Password by default. When logging in to your 1Password vault, authenticating with Duo will be required.
- Once you receive your invitation email, please enter your username in the form of email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) to logon.
Enabling a Free Family Account
Your 1Password Business Caltech accounts includes a complimentary 1Password Family account, which you can share with up to 5 family members.
Are you experiencing issues with Duo authentication?
It is likely that you provided a preferred email address (e.g. email@example.com) as part of the registration process instead of your username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).