How can I check my current storage limit?
- From a web browser, login into Box, then click on your profile photo, select Account Settings, and scroll to Account Details.
- From the Box Mobile app home page; click on your profile photo and see the storage usage next to your Account information at the top of the screen.
I noticed that IMSS offers Box and OneDrive for Business which seem like similar services. What's the difference?
- Box and OneDrive for Business are similar in many ways, but they also offer different strengths. Here's a comparison overview.
What happens to my Box account after leaving Caltech?
- Users will have a one month grace period to transfer files to a personal Box account. To start this transfer, please go to www.box.com, create a new account, then share your Caltech Box folders with this new account.
- Free personal Box accounts are limited to 10 Gb storage. If your current box folder contains more than 10 Gb of files, you can transfer them to your new account, but they will be read-only until you pay for additional storage OR delete enough files to get under the 10 GB limit.
- If you need assistance, please submit a ticket to https://help.caltech.edu (request type IMSS > Applications - Administrative > Cloud Services > Box). Please include the email address associated with your new account.
How can I get unlimited Box storage space?
- Box storage is limited to 50GB.
What file types are supported by Box's Content Preview?
- Content Preview supports viewing the following file types sized 500MB or smaller. More at https://community.box.com/t5/Managing-Your-Content/What-file-types-are-supported-by-Box-s-Content-Preview/ta-p/327
Which File Types Are Ignored Or Blocked In Box Sync?
- Box Sync will not sync files that it ignores or blocks. Ignored files are files that are invisible in Windows Explorer or Finder, such as temporary or system files.
- Blocked files are file types that Box Sync does not recognize. More at https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Sync/Which-File-Types-Are-Ignored-Or-Blocked-In-Box-Sync/ta-p/117
Where can I get training and support?
Help Desk Contact Information
- Submit a ticket at Help Desk at https://help.caltech.edu (request type IMSS > Applications - Administrative > Cloud Services > Box)