Problems with cell phone reception in campus buildings should be reported directly to the carriers.
- Be prepared to give them your mobile number
- Identify whether the account is in your name or on one of Caltech's summary accounts, and give either Caltech's main address or the nearest cross streets
- Basement and sub-basement coverage is not expected unless the building has been upgraded to Caltech Secure Network. Refer to the Wireless Upgrade Schedule.
Mobile carriers contact Information
- AT&T Mobility - 800-331-0500 (Tell them you are reporting a coverage issue)
- Sprint - 888-788-4724 (Tell them you want to file a coverage deficiency report)
- T-Mobile - 800-375-1126 (Tell them you need to file a service request complaint)
- Verizon - 800-922-0204 (Tell them you need to file a coverage deficiency report)
Options for AT&T iPhone Owners
When you are in areas with poor AT&T coverage but good Wi-Fi signal you can make and receive calls through Google Voice with Talkatone. The Talkatone is a free app available from iTunes you might want to consider.
- Register for a new phone number using Google Voice. The phone number will be different than your AT&T mobile number.
- For more information, go to http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/talkatone-social-phone-im/id397648381?mt=8