The following settings are recommended when you have a guest lecturer (non-Caltech) for one of your sessions. These settings will allow access for the guest lecturer while mitigating ZoomBombing.
- In the Meeting Password section, check Require meeting password
- You may enter your own password
In the Meeting Options section:
- Uncheck only authenticated users can join
- Enable waiting room - this allows hosts to admit only students in the class. Please be aware of two issues:
- Waiting room may not be practical for large classes, as it will be time consuming to review the long list of participants.
- If a participant drops out of the session (for example, they lose network connection) they will be put in the waiting room when they re-join. The host or co-host will need to admit them back in which may be disruptive to the teaching session.
- Share the meeting information privately with the guest lecturer via email and to students via email and Canvas. Do not share the meeting details publicly.
- Once you know that all the participants are in the session you can lock the meeting so that no more participants can join.