|SolidWorks||Faculty, Staff, Students||Free|
SolidWorks requires a Caltech network connection. If using SolidWorks from off campus, please use VPN.
SolidWorks may not work properly with static IP addresses. Please switch to dhcp when encountering problems running SolidWorks.
SolidWorks Installation Instructions:
- We recommend uninstalling any previous versions of SolidWorks first.
- You may also need to disable AntiVirus software before installing.
- Download the .zip file and use 7-zip to extract. If you do not use 7-Zip you will run into a blank installation/activation manager issue. The default WinZip utility, included in Windows, will flag the installation files as malicious during extraction and disrupt your ability to install.
- Launch setup.exe to begin the install.
- Proceed through the install with the default values.
- When prompted, enter the serial number that is provided on your software.caltech.edu purchase receipt (under Your Account/Orders).
- When prompted, enter the license server address provided on your software.caltech.edu purchase receipt (under Your Account/Orders).
- Continue with the installation.
- If you encounter trouble with launching SolidWorks and connecting to the SolidWorks license server, please check that your firewall or security software is not interfering first.
Troubleshooting using the SolidNetwork License Manager:
- Launch the SolidNetwork License Manager, located in Programs > SolidWorks > SolidWorks Tools.
- Click on the Server List tab at the top.
- Make sure the correct license server address is listed. The license server address can be retrieved from your software.caltech.edu purchase receipt.
- Add the correct license server info if needed and click OK to exit.
- Launch SolidWorks.