BioRender is an online science illustration tool that lets you create high-quality diagrams for publications, presentations, posters, patents, outreach and more. It offers a large library of over 50,000 icons and templates from over 30 fields of life science, curated and vetted by industry professionals.
Caltech has negotiated a discounted fee for a limited number of named user premium/institution licenses with the BBE Division subsidizing part of the license cost. The license period is from July 12, 2023 to July 11, 2024 and each user will pay $100 annually. For comparison, an individual license is $420/year, and a lab license for up to 5 users is $1188/year.
If you have an existing premium (paid) BioRender subscription and want to transition your license to Caltech's license, please contact email@example.com to request this change. Existing subscriptions will receive prorated refunds directly from BioRender, if applicable, and will be switched over to Caltech's license.
|BioRender Premium/Institution||Faculty, Staff, Grad Students||$100/year|
|BioRender Free||All EDU users||Free|
Instructions for New Premium License Users:
- Request access to BioRender by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a ticket to Caltech Help (https://help.caltech.edu, request type IMSS > Software Distribution & Licensing).
- In the email or ticket, provide your access.caltech username and PTA account to bill the $100 annual fee to.
- IMSS will confirm that you have been added to the Caltech license.
- Login to BioRender with your access.caltech credentials
- Follow the instructions.
Instructions for Existing BioRender Premium Subscriptions:
- If you have an existing BioRender subscription and want to transition your license to Caltech's license, email email@example.com to request this license change.
- In the email, please provide the email address you have been using to login to BioRender, as well as a PTA to bill the $100 annual fee to.
- Existing subscriptions will receive prorated refunds directly from BioRender, if applicable, and will be switched over to Caltech's license.
BioRender Free License Users:
- There is no change to these licenses.
- Register directly at http://www.biorender.com for access.