IMSS / Services / Computers, Printers & Software / Software / Microsoft Project & Visio
Microsoft Project & Visio
Caltech no longer has a volume license for Microsoft Project and Visio. New installations of Project and Visio software require a subscription-based license granted through Microsoft 365. This paid license requirement applies to Faculty, Staff, and Students.
|Project Plan 3||$72/user/year||Includes the desktop client for up to 5 Caltech-owned devices. Windows only.|
|Visio Online Only||Free||Online version only. Access via Office 365 app launcher or https:www.office.com/launch/visio|
|Visio Plan 2||$30/user/year||Includes the desktop client for up to 5 Caltech-owned devices. Windows only.|
To request Microsoft Project or Visio, submit a ticket via https://help.caltech.edu (request type: IMSS > Software Distribution & Licensing > Software Purchase Request > Microsoft Project or Visio). Please include the PTA for licensing charges.
Once the license has been granted:
- Log in to Office 365 https://portal.office.com
- Click on your pictures or initials on the top right
- Click View account
- On the left menu, select Apps & devices
- You will see the applications licensed to you and available for download
- Download the needed application
- Follow the installation steps
- When it prompts you to log in enter firstname.lastname@example.org (this is your access.caltech username)
- If prompted select School or Organizational account
- Enter your access.caltech password
- You are now ready to user this software
For Managed Computers, please contact the Help Desk (email@example.com) for software installation.