Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Download RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip
- Double-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file that you downloaded so that the file expands
- NOTE: To use this tool, you must be logged in to the Mac with an Administrator account with a non-blank password
- Open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder
- Double-click RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command, this will launch a Terminal window
- If an OS security prompt appears ("... can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer") then use control-click to open and bypass security prompt
- Type your macOS password, and then press return
- NOTE: When you type your password, no characters appear
- To remove all Symantec files and folders, type 1 and press Return
- The tool will now remove all Symantec Endpoint Protection files and folders.
- On the Terminal menu, click Quit Terminal.
- NOTE: You may be prompted to restart your Mac.